RMERC’s COVID RESPONSE LEARN MORE
ENJOY SOLITUDE, NATURE, PEACE, AND BEAUTY – TAKE A HIKE AT RMERC THIS SPRING
Meditation retreats and workshops in a stunning wilderness
setting just 30 minutes from Boulder, CO
Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center
A Home for Meditation in Nature
Join us for a Meditation Retreat
ENJOY A WONDERFUL RETREAT EXPERIENCE, INCLUDING:
- 180 acres of forest, meadow, and creek. amazing views of the Continental Divide, with deer, elk, moose, bear, chipmunks, and squirrels who frequently join us to meditate.
- The lodge, which was built in 1939 and is totally renovated and updated. The lodge includes a beautiful meditation hall, dining room, modern kitchen, shared bathrooms, a variety of bedrooms, and two large outdoor decks. Rustic, cozy, well insulated, fully heated, the lodge makes a great home base while on retreat.
- Delicious vegetarian food, made and served with love.
- Retreats from a wide variety of teachers and traditions, including Zen, Insight, Mindfulness, Ecodharma, Tibetan, and other practices.
- Affordable programs and substantial scholarship opportunities. Our intention is that anyone can attend, regardless of economic situation.
- Changing seasons: Spring with deep snow and warm sun; early Summer with the roaring St. Vrain Creek, stunning wildflowers, and long warm days; late Summer with bright sunny mornings, dramatic afternoon thunderstorms, and cool nights; Fall with blazing orange yellow aspens and warm days, cool nights, and the occasional snow.
- Just 30 minutes from North Boulder and 90 minutes from Denver International Airport
Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center is a low cost home for spiritual practice, with an emphasis on practice in nature. We are a supportive place for deep practice, a place for meditation, retreats, workshops and Ecodharma; a place for learning from nature, teachers and other participants, and a place for discovering ourselves in a wild environment.
We bring Buddhism and Dharma back into the natural world where they originated, and in doing so, regain the connection and energy necessary to effectively address ecological and related social crises.
We call all of this Ecodharma.
“For me in this dark time, Rocky Mountain Ecodharma Retreat Center will be a shining beacon I can trust. I see it offering what we most need: the inspired leadership of committed teachers, a wild mountain setting to awaken our own power and beauty, the ripening of a Sangha to grow a guiding vision for our people, and the strength to make it real.”
— Joanna Macy, Ph.D. Engaged Buddhist Teacher, Deep-ecologist, Activist, and Founder of Work That Reconnects.
Ecodharma connects Dharma teachings and practice with nature and the Earth. It involves spiritual practices to help us develop clarity, compassion, and courage, which are all needed to face humanity’s greatest challenge ever: the ecological crisis.
Both individual and collective transformation are needed: meditation overcomes the delusion of separation that is at the root of individual and societal suffering, and practicing in nature deepens our understand of non-duality to encompass the earth, inspiring us to work for its healing as our own.